What We Believe
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. Everything stated by Him and for Him
- He has eternally existed in three personalities; Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit. The three are the same-one God.
Genesis 1:1; Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2
- Jesus was, and is, God in the flesh
- He lived a sinless, perfect life but offered Himself as the sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross.
- He was buried, and three days later He arose from the grave to defeat sin, death, and the grave.
- He ascended to heaven and will return again someday to earth to reign and rule as King of kings, and Lord of lords.
Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5, 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13
About The Holy Spirit
- Holy Spirit is one with the Father and the Son
- He is present in the world to make people aware of their need for Jesus
- He lives inside of every Christ-follower beginning at the moment of salvation
- He provides power for living, guidance to do what is right, and conviction of what is wrong.
2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13, 5:18; Galatians 5:25
About The Bible
- It’s God’s Word
- Written over a period of about 1,500 years
- Written by over 40 different human writers
- Composed on 3 different continents (Africa, Asia, Europe)
- It is the supreme source of truth without any mistakes or errors
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105; Psalm 160; Psalm 12:6; Proverbs 30:5
About Human Beings
- People are made in the image of God
- People are the supreme object of God’s creation
- All people are tainted and marred by sin that separates us from God
- This sin requires payment that we must all make-death
Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Isaiah 59:1-2; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23
- Salvation is a free gift to us from God
- We cannot earn salvation by doing good works or deeds
- Salvation comes only by trusting in Jesus’ sacrificial death as payment for your sins.
Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; John 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
About Eternal Security
- Because salvation is the work of Christ, the true believer/follower is secure in that salvation for eternity.
- A person’s salvation is kept by the grace and power of God, not by self-effort.
John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 10:10; 1 Peter 3-5
- People were created as eternal beings
- We will exist eternally with God or separated from God
- Eternal separation from God is a literal place called hell
- Eternal presence with God is a literal place called heaven
John 3:16; John 2:25; John 5:11-13; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 1:8; Matthew 2:44, 46
Bethany Baptist Church holds to, supports, and agrees with the Baptist Faith & Message adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention 2000 edition.